Gay Marriage

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should it be allowed?

63% 63% 
[ 5 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
37% 37% 
[ 3 ]
 
Total Votes : 8

Re: Gay Marriage

Post  DeficitHawk on Mon 27 Apr - 12:29

TurboNinja wrote:Don't need one. The religious reason is good enough on its own.

Religion says Gays = Bad, so you can't force the religion to give them one of its marriages. That's just fascism.

Also, non-religious reason to ban it = Because it is immoral and erodes the fabric of society.
The religious reason only works for religious people. The U.S. doesn't formally follow the traditions of any religion and thus you need a non religious reason. And nobody wants same sex marriages to be administered by religious people. Also, saying it is immoral and erodes the fabric of society can only be concluded from a religious viewpoint of what is right for society. There is no evidence to suggest homosexuality harms society.

DeficitHawk
Idiot
Idiot

Posts : 37
Join date : 17/04/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Marriage

Post  sailorseal on Sun 7 Jun - 10:09

I have created a poll
avatar
sailorseal
Official Retard
Official Retard

Posts : 736
Join date : 13/04/2009
Age : 107

View user profile http://gamerscentral.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Marriage

Post  n/a on Sun 7 Jun - 10:44

THere will be a time when people look back on how we didn't let 2 people who loved each other marry, just because of the word of a god that they don't have to believe in, and we will not believe we were that cruel.
avatar
n/a
Captain O' Game Play
Captain O' Game Play

Posts : 417
Join date : 19/04/2009
Age : 103

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Marriage

Post  sailorseal on Sun 7 Jun - 11:10

Captainwalrus wrote:THere will be a time when people look back on how we didn't let 2 people who loved each other marry, just because of the word of a god that they don't have to believe in, and we will not believe we were that cruel.
You are so right it scares me Very Happy Sad
avatar
sailorseal
Official Retard
Official Retard

Posts : 736
Join date : 13/04/2009
Age : 107

View user profile http://gamerscentral.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Marriage

Post  TurboNinja on Sun 7 Jun - 11:38

God Emperor Q wrote:
TurboNinja wrote:No.

The Bible explicitly forbids it, and to allow gays to marry would be an insult to every heterosexual marriage on the planet.

They ought to stop shoving their lifestyle down everybody else's throats and be happy with their 'civil partnerships' already. Stop trying to tell the Church how to run itself, keep out of our business and we'll keep out of yours.
Hey, i thought the code we lived by in america was "Speration of Church and State." Correct me if im wrong........
Exactly. So the Government should stop trying to do the Church's job by saying who can and can't marry.

It's a Christian institution, the Government needs to leave it the fuck alone.

TurboNinja
I Rule
I Rule

Posts : 630
Join date : 15/04/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Marriage

Post  n/a on Sun 7 Jun - 11:41

But it is the government's job to issue out marrage licenses, not the church.
avatar
n/a
Captain O' Game Play
Captain O' Game Play

Posts : 417
Join date : 19/04/2009
Age : 103

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Marriage

Post  improvisation223 on Sun 7 Jun - 15:41

the other major issue, is the fact that there are major legal benefits that come with being married, and not just having a civil union. I understand your point that the church will not accept gays marrying, but that does not mean rights should be deprived from gays. why is the bible governing our country. By the year 2042, the number of non-Christians in the US will actually outnumber the number of Christians.
avatar
improvisation223
Cum Dumpster

Posts : 87
Join date : 14/04/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Marriage

Post  *Manimal on Sun 7 Jun - 15:53

sailorseal wrote:It should be unbanned right?
So you and captain can start planning? I know some great wedding planers you two can call. I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

*Manimal
Twat
Twat

Posts : 266
Join date : 18/04/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Marriage

Post  improvisation223 on Sun 7 Jun - 15:58

no him and mr. pleasant chap.
avatar
improvisation223
Cum Dumpster

Posts : 87
Join date : 14/04/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Marriage

Post  TurboNinja on Mon 8 Jun - 2:01

Captainwalrus wrote:But it is the government's job to issue out marrage licenses, not the church.
Wrong.

That is the church's job which the Government has usurped. Now they are using it for unchristian purpose, which is both disrespectful and immoral.

It's like the Church somehow stealing the right to raise taxes, then using that stolen right to impose a 'Pope Tax' on Muslims.

TurboNinja
I Rule
I Rule

Posts : 630
Join date : 15/04/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Marriage

Post  sailorseal on Mon 8 Jun - 14:50

TurboNinja wrote:
Captainwalrus wrote:But it is the government's job to issue out marrage licenses, not the church.
Wrong.

That is the church's job which the Government has usurped. Now they are using it for unchristian purpose, which is both disrespectful and immoral.

It's like the Church somehow stealing the right to raise taxes, then using that stolen right to impose a 'Pope Tax' on Muslims.
Actually the term "marriage" is now a legal ordeal not a spiritual one
avatar
sailorseal
Official Retard
Official Retard

Posts : 736
Join date : 13/04/2009
Age : 107

View user profile http://gamerscentral.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Marriage

Post  TurboNinja on Tue 9 Jun - 2:45

See... that just proves exactly what I've been saying.

Marriage was created by the church and is a religious institution. The Government has hijacked and usurped it.

The government needs to take a step back and stop interfering in religious issues. After all, the Constitution demands that the two remain separate.

A government meddling with marriage is like the church meddling with military deployments. A gross abuse of authority.

TurboNinja
I Rule
I Rule

Posts : 630
Join date : 15/04/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Marriage

Post  n/a on Tue 9 Jun - 13:53

What if your atheist? Or Jewish? Or Islamic? or Pegan?
avatar
n/a
Captain O' Game Play
Captain O' Game Play

Posts : 417
Join date : 19/04/2009
Age : 103

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Marriage

Post  TurboNinja on Wed 10 Jun - 3:19

Captainwalrus wrote:What if your atheist? Or Jewish? Or Islamic? or Pegan?
Then either you have your own church, or you need to find a religion that is happy to marry you.

Why do all the people who turn their back on God still think they're entitled to all the benefits afforded to the faithful?

Yet more liberals demanding to have their cake and eat it. Ridiculous.

TurboNinja
I Rule
I Rule

Posts : 630
Join date : 15/04/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Marriage

Post  n/a on Wed 10 Jun - 13:30

Marrage does not have be religious. It is just a formal declaration that you want to be with someone for a while, hopefully untill one of you dies. Athiests can marry.
avatar
n/a
Captain O' Game Play
Captain O' Game Play

Posts : 417
Join date : 19/04/2009
Age : 103

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Marriage

Post  TurboNinja on Wed 10 Jun - 16:43

Captainwalrus wrote:Marrage does not have be religious.
Wrong.

That's just what the usurping Government has tried to tell you in a bid to cling to its ill-gotten powers.

True marriage is between true believers. Everything else is a sham, dictated to the church by a Government that is clearly in breach of its Constitutional duty not to interfere in matters of God.

Captainwalrus wrote:It is just a formal declaration that you want to be with someone for a while, hopefully untill one of you dies.
Wrong again.

What you have described is a formal declaration that you want to be with someone for a while. Marriage is much more than that. It is a shame that you have not been properly instructed in its virtues.

TurboNinja
I Rule
I Rule

Posts : 630
Join date : 15/04/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Marriage

Post  n/a on Wed 10 Jun - 16:54

Well, then the government has no right to ban it, and it must be legal in all 50 states.
avatar
n/a
Captain O' Game Play
Captain O' Game Play

Posts : 417
Join date : 19/04/2009
Age : 103

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Marriage

Post  TurboNinja on Wed 10 Jun - 17:25

Captainwalrus wrote:Well, then the government has no right to ban it, and it must be legal in all 50 states.
You contradict yourself.

What you mean is that the Government has no right to interfere in it, and that the Church must be allowed to regulate its own tradition.

i.e. They won't marry gays. That is their right.


Checkmate.

TurboNinja
I Rule
I Rule

Posts : 630
Join date : 15/04/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Marriage

Post  n/a on Thu 11 Jun - 13:11

But the government must legalize it, because not everyone goes to the same anti-gays church. My synagogue allows gays to marry. If it is truly up to the religion, then gay marriage should be legal everywhere. That isn't saying that your church has to allow gays to marry, but it must be legal in all 50 states.
Look over things more before rashly calling you check mate.
avatar
n/a
Captain O' Game Play
Captain O' Game Play

Posts : 417
Join date : 19/04/2009
Age : 103

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Marriage

Post  TurboNinja on Mon 15 Jun - 4:24

Captainwalrus wrote:If it is truly up to the religion, then gay marriage should be legal everywhere.
You contradict yourself again.

If it is truly up to the religion, then gay marriage should be a matter left entirely up to the religion. I.e. Christianity.

This isn't about the Government having a say at all, they don't legalize or illegalize anything. Marriage is for the Church; always has been always will be. We have every right to cast out sinners and sodomites, to deny that is tyranny and communism.

TurboNinja
I Rule
I Rule

Posts : 630
Join date : 15/04/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Marriage

Post  n/a on Mon 15 Jun - 9:15

Yes, marrage is religious, if that is right, my synagogue has the right to allow gays to marry and your church or the government can't take that away. Not all religious places bann gay marrage, that is what you are forgeting.
avatar
n/a
Captain O' Game Play
Captain O' Game Play

Posts : 417
Join date : 19/04/2009
Age : 103

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Marriage

Post  TurboNinja on Mon 15 Jun - 10:52

Captainwalrus wrote:my synagogue has the right to allow gays to marry and your church or the government can't take that away.
Never said they could. Stop fighting with straw men.

Sure, those 'marriages' are shams and your people are sodomites... but nobody here thinks that you shouldn't have the right to keep enjoying your sinful fake weddings all you like.

Captainwalrus wrote:Not all religious places bann gay marrage, that is what you are forgeting.
Wrong. Again.

I haven't forgotten anything. My arguments are logical, well-informed and clearly presented. Stop trying to change the subject by grappling with straw-men.

TurboNinja
I Rule
I Rule

Posts : 630
Join date : 15/04/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Marriage

Post  n/a on Mon 15 Jun - 12:39

Your argument is saying that, because your church says no gay marrage, then nobody can have gay marrages. But that is not how it works. Your church doesn't have to recognize them, but they can't stop them. to you, the marrages aren't really, but to a lot of people, they are. You assume that because you don't like something, it can't be real.
avatar
n/a
Captain O' Game Play
Captain O' Game Play

Posts : 417
Join date : 19/04/2009
Age : 103

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Marriage

Post  TurboNinja on Mon 15 Jun - 14:46

Captainwalrus wrote:Your argument is saying that, because your church says no gay marrage, then nobody can have gay marrages.
Oh hang on... I suddenly see what the problem is here: You can't actually read.

Stop making up ridiculous straw-men and start actually reading what I write. I'm not going to keep debating with you if all you're just going to resort to fallacies and trying to put words in my mouth whenever you can't think of a way to logically refute my arguments.

Go back and read what I wrote again. Then come back and engage with the arguments I've actually made instead of the ones that you wish I'd made. Anything else is just a waste of my time.

Captainwalrus wrote: Your church doesn't have to recognize them, but they can't stop them.
I never said anything to the contrary.

I am of course free to point out the fact that you're following a false prophet, lend your support to sodomites, and will remain a sinner in the eyes of the Lord until you offer your repentance to him.

Captainwalrus wrote:You assume that because you don't like something, it can't be real.
Ha ha ha!

Wrong again.

Come on, stop huffing and puffing and actually try to engage your brain. Watching you wrestle with straw-men was fun for a while, but now I think I'd like to see you actually try to connect with the real debate for a change.

TurboNinja
I Rule
I Rule

Posts : 630
Join date : 15/04/2009

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Marriage

Post  n/a on Mon 15 Jun - 15:07

So, a church, that is not affiliated with yours or any other church, has every right to preform weddings for two people of the same gender, and those marrages would be just like any other marrage to everyone exept people who go to church in gay hateing churches, right?
avatar
n/a
Captain O' Game Play
Captain O' Game Play

Posts : 417
Join date : 19/04/2009
Age : 103

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Marriage

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum