Let's talk about admins who make up the rules as they go along...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Let's talk about admins who make up the rules as they go along...

Post  TurboNinja on Sat 30 May - 6:36

Stop, collaborate and listen. After a brief hiatus from making obviously wrong decisions, it looks like Sailorseal has once again returned to his usual blunder-making form.

The other day Sailorseal said:

Please do not aggressively swear
A phrase which seems to indicate that 'non-aggressive' swearing is ok.

I decided to ask for a clarification, so said (mod-edits not mine, all were F-bombs):
So we can still swear if it's not aggressive, right?

So, like, "<Mod Edit> man, you're a <Mod Edit>ing groovy motherf<edit>er" is ok, but "hey <edit>you buddy, I'm going to <edit> <edit> your sister non-consensually" is not?

For this, Sailorseal decided to randomly ban me. The reason? "Flaming outside of FW".

Ridiculous enough in its own right you might think. After all, why ban the user asking for a clarification, but leave the original 'aggressive swearer' roaming free? It makes no sense, right?

But it becomes even more ridiculous when you go check our forum rules (which apparently Sailor keeps forgetting we have), and note that they expressly permit swearing outside of FW.

That's right! Sailorboy keeps banning me for something which the forum rules explicitly say that I can do! How crazy is that, huh?

Check 'em out:

Section 2
Clause 1: Reasonable swearing is allowed in the forum. What is considered reasonable and what is not is decided by the moderators.

Clause 3: All swearing, profanity, and verbal abuse is allowed in the content of a Flame Wars topic.

Section 4
Clause 1: Anyone accused of breaking the rules has the right to a fair trail.

So there you have it kids. I've just been banned for doing something which the rules explicitly say I'm allowed to do, while asking a question aimed at bettering the site, and I was also denied the right to a fair trial which the forum rules promise. A classic example of incompetent moderating.

So frame up Sailorboy. We know that there are sharper tools in the box and we're not expecting you to be a superman. But for God's sake, try to at least pretend you know what you're doing in the future. And go read the forum rules again to remind yourself precisely what it is that you're supposed to be policing.

TurboNinja
I Rule
I Rule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about admins who make up the rules as they go along...

Post  54quuw on Sat 30 May - 6:55

Yeah, this has been an issue in the past, and yes, mods *cough* sailorseal *cough* do seem to just mark whatever they don't like as spam, Like Turbo, I'm not saying this in an aggressive way against this site, just throwing up suggestions that need to be fixed, if you want to mark anything you don't like as spam, then put it in the constitution, it actually doesn't say the word "spam" at all in the constitution, what-so-ever! I mean it says spamming but it says extreme spamming is prohibited, well what is spam in the game? And the definition of spam is: Unsolicited e-mail, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk e-mail. OR just spamming in the chat like this:
hi
hi
hi
hi
Seconds after each other, but maybe you shouldn't call whatever you want spam, just my suggestion, not putting anything up against the site, just to help out in how the rules work.

54quuw
Assistant Cumshot
Assistant Cumshot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  *Manimal on Sat 30 May - 8:47

Wait turbo gets banned for doing that, yet Redneck can be excessively racist and swear all the time outside of flame wars and all he gets is a topic moved... This is double standards and I am quite frankly disgusted at this, though not shocked I have seen sailor do this many times in the past... The rules aren't obviously all the mods go off of so I guess in the end no one is safe from getting banned since the rules are here and there.

*Manimal
Twat
Twat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  n/a on Sat 30 May - 9:03

He does mark thing as spam a bit much but not recently. Although it says Reasonable swearing is allowed in the forum, not Agressive swearing. If you do not know the difference, since clearly your example of what was o.k. was still agressive, then your privaliges will be taken away. You have lost the privalige to swear altogether because you were irrisponcible. And it mostly dempends on your word choice. Saying like; Damn it! is ok, but saying F*** it! is not.
n/a
Captain O' Game Play
Captain O' Game Play

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  *Manimal on Sat 30 May - 9:09

Captainwalrus wrote:He does mark thing as spam a bit much but not recently. Although it says Reasonable swearing is allowed in the forum, not Aggressive swearing. If you do not know the difference, since clearly your example of what was o.k. was still aggressive, then your privileges will be taken away. You have lost the privilege to swear altogether because you were irresponsible. And it mostly depends on your word choice. Saying like; Damn it! is ok, but saying F*** it! is not.
God learn to spell ffs I get a headache reading some of your posts... I fixed all your spelling errors though, Firefox didn't even know the words some of them were so badly misspelled.

*Manimal
Twat
Twat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TurboNinja on Sat 30 May - 10:09

Captainwalrus wrote:Reasonable swearing is allowed in the forum, not Agressive swearing.
Please explain for us, in clear and unambiguous terms, what this novel concept of 'aggressive swearing' actually constitutes.

Why is 'Damn' alright and 'Fuck' not? Why is 'Damn it' mysteriously fine, but 'Fuck it' verboten? Where is the sense behind this rule, and why isn't the rule clearly displayed somewhere on this site to prevent users from being unavoidably gotcha'd when they do something that isn't expressly prohibited?

Captainwalrus wrote:You have lost the privalige to swear altogether because you were irrisponcible.
O RLY?

See, that's news to me. Nobody has ever actually said that before.

Personally, I think that you're just making it up on the spot in order to cover your back. But even if you weren't, it'd still be total bull-poop because it'd be yet another example of moderators inventing rules in secret, then banning people for stepping over completely invisible and unadvertised boundaries.

Madness. A more incompetent system could not be devised if you tried.

TurboNinja
I Rule
I Rule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  *Manimal on Sat 30 May - 10:34

Wow lmao I didn't even read the part about you losing your privilege to swear. Number one where in the rules does it say you can lose your privilege to swear and number two since when is swearing a privilege its a fucking word for real. This site is on a downfall with these ridiculous decisions and rules. I mean what we have 7-8 daily posters... 3 of them aren't mods/admins 1 still thinks he is though. By the end of today I have a feeling you might be down to 6-7 with 2 of them not being mods/admins.

*Manimal
Twat
Twat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  n/a on Sat 30 May - 11:59

I was merely drawing conclutions. It seems as though, all your swears are cencored now, either because they are agressive, or just because you have lost your privalege. That is not the point, the point is that you can't go telling people to F*** off, I didn't decide that but that is how it works. I don't take offence and obviously you don't either, but some people don't like to heare or read that word, and it is a large enough portion that we have to comply. Think of it this way, if you can't say it on T.V. Don't say it here! Since all your swears are over the top, they are all cencored. We know you have more common scence to realize what you can and can't say.
And if there is speling erorrs, I don't care, so don't point it out.
n/a
Captain O' Game Play
Captain O' Game Play

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  *Manimal on Sat 30 May - 12:01

You have to be fucking 5, you spell like a fucking retard.

*Manimal
Twat
Twat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  54quuw on Sat 30 May - 13:57

true but he does bring up a good point; you can see this forum even if you aren't a member.

54quuw
Assistant Cumshot
Assistant Cumshot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  n/a on Sat 30 May - 14:07

I spell how I spell and I don't care. I can't see why it matters but I will try to spell better. I just have a lot of typos that I never really fix.
n/a
Captain O' Game Play
Captain O' Game Play

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  *Manimal on Sat 30 May - 14:10

Captainwalrus wrote:but some people don't like to heare or read that word, and it is a large enough portion that we have to comply.

Also what big portion of the site is against swearing what we have 7 people that post daily! and since you just said you don't mind it neither does turbo or I... I wanna know what big portion of the site were talking about here...

*Manimal
Twat
Twat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sailorseal on Sat 30 May - 14:23

Turbo I am growing tired with you. You seemed to have stopped contributing and just started making useless threads flaming me and going around spamming. You understand what you do, and FYI I did not ban you for that, my abuse admin counted up all of your recent warnings and decided you didn't learn your lesson.
Conversation done.
sailorseal
Official Retard
Official Retard

View user profile http://gamerscentral.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum